Sunday, 16 August 2015

Book Review



'The songs grew more desperate, his visits longer each morning, a swift imploring look in his eyes, a wishing to talk to me, tell me his real name, his story, something for my heart alone. In my lack of sleep, blackbirds flew from every shadow, walked across my fingers and across my thoughts – his song wasn’t finished so my eyes didn’t close.' - 'Blackbird' from Alchemy



'Alchemy' has received a wonderful review on Book Twister Reviews -


'I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed reading each individual poem and piece of flash fiction held within Alchemy‘s pages, and Kennedy’s dive into the world of magical realism was both collected and graceful.
Even though I was drawn more towards the flash fiction sections of the collection, particularly ‘Poppies in the Snow’ and ‘Blackbird’ (because old habits die hard), the poems were equally enticing to read.'

Thank you so much Holly for a lovely review! I'm so thrilled to have another great review, as any writer knows they can be nail-bitingly scary and it's so nice to be receiving reviews again after 'Silver Threads' sad story. 'Alchemy' is on Goodreads if anyone else wants to add/review it, also add me as a friend - I'm making my way through all the Poldark books right now :) 

Also I've had my piece 'Renaissance' on Morgen Baileys Flash Fiction Fridays (it's always lovely to be on her blog) - It's also in 'Alchemy'.


Hope you have all had a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment