Monday, 1 June 2015

New Writing of the Month for June ~ Wayward Thoughts


'Watching her thoughts as they fly past; emerging from the tips of her hair and capturing them in her hands, feeling the light fast beating of their hearts, their core, the fragile milky wings. She blew them away with a kiss. Some flew towards the setting sun, some into the clouds. Others struggled and lay defeated amongst the flowers laying on their backs in puddles, slowly drifting. As night came these wayward thoughts started to burn like fireflies, brighter and longer, illuminating the garden like a fallen star until they smoldered into ash and were no more. They left the feeling of a blessing as if their demise had been necessary - some things are not meant to fly away but stay and bring joy to wherever they stay. If anyone knew what happened to the thoughts that escaped such a fate, they never spoke of it'





Hello everyone and welcome to June.

I hope you enjoy this prose piece written back in April - it is amazing what you can come out with when you let your mind wander. I love the concept of 'Wayward Thoughts', seeing thoughts as physical things with a will and fate of their own. 

This is going to be a short blog post because I'm afraid I have nothing much to report - it's been very quiet. I would like to say hello and welcome to my two new followers :) I really appreciate you taking the time to come and read my blog. 





Hopefully I'll have more to talk about next time - have a wonderful Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment