Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Expectations

absurdwordpreferred.deviantart.com

My spine wills to arch
in a beautiful,
brittle curve
inwards to my core. 

Fingers fused to pale knuckles 
as if sculpted into marble, 
a questioning gesture.  

My left arm is folded across my chest, 
a shield of bones
defending my breath and pulse. 

Neck twisting, contorting
to make me listen evermore.  
If my lips and tired eyes
contorted into unconscious forms, 

would I be perfection?





Hi everyone

I hope you enjoy 'Expectations' from my poetry collection 'Silver Threads' - this collection feels long forgotten now sadly but here's the link if you want to go and see it. 

I said in my blog post on the 1st that I hoped I would have something to say by the next one but sadly that's not the case. Everything in my writing career is depressingly quiet - with a few rejections thrown in for good measure. I think this is why I have chosen to share 'Expectations' today - I have no idea what or how I should be in order to succeed and be noticed in the writing world! I don't seem to fit anywhere.

I decided right at the beginning with my new collection 'Alchemy' that if no-one wanted it I would try and do it myself (only in ebook form to start with) - so that's what I am going to do. I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world so it's not going to be easy - please wish me luck :) 



This is the wonderful artwork that will be the cover of 'Alchemy' - painted by my very talented Mum.




Happy Wednesday 

2 comments:

  1. The publishing world is a morphing entity...the writing world is a place for you to work and live and come and go and be whether or not you get popped into some recognition. Live honestly and live to write about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanette,

      So true! That's very good advice and for the most part that is how I think but every writer has those hair-pulling days. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :)

      Delete