Friday, 1 May 2015

New Writing of the Month for May ~ Salt and Light


So much feeling,
that it stains her hands with salt and light.
The smallest prisms,
the smallest cries.

I heard her as if from far away call for pen and paper,
she calls for the memories to stop,
and wishes that they could fall into her hands
as soft and feeble as tissue
ready and eager to be destroyed.










Hello everyone and hello May - usually a gorgeous month though today I've been chilled to the bone!

This is a brand new piece of writing (as the blog title suggests) I wrote it last month. I love the simplicity and imagery, also the symbolism of salt and light - both are purifying elements and a symbol of new beginnings which I think is a strong undercurrent in this poem. 

I went to the book launch of 'The Beach Hut' last night at my local Waterstones, written by the wonderful Cassandra Parkin who has been my 'Facebook friend' for many years. I have now met her in the flesh and can confirm she is as lovely as she is on social media.

My flash fiction 'Poppies in the Snow' was included in Flash Flood Journal again this year :) It's wonderful to be a part of the flood again. 

Also yesterday was my blog anniversary! Three years I have been posting my writing and talking gibberish! lol I would like to thank everyone that visits and reads regularly, my 36 followers and the people that stumble across this blog. I won't lie and say that Borrowed Expressions is a popular blog but you are all greatly appreciated! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me :) 




I'll leave you with a picture of Tomas .... because there just aren't enough pictures of cats on the internet.





2 comments:

  1. I will definitely explore your blogs as able...you clearly have a gently pen and your cat's photo is right up there with the best images of cats...and that is saying something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannette :D Tomas will be happy to hear that lol Thank you for the compliments and becoming a member - I really appreciate it.

      Delete