Sunday, 1 March 2015

New Writing of the Month for March ~ Reading the Scorch Marks


'The walls held conversations.  I could feel the rise and fall of words, secrets, bitter revelations. It was warm under my finger tips and cool on my ear as I listened to arguments, snatched at names and places, declarations.  I felt the heat of anger burn through the stone, the wallpaper and leave scorch marks where my body made contact. The smoke made my eyes water and smelled of burnt sand and worn leather.

The talk was of Africa and its northern deserts where the sands sung of footprints disappearing as soon as they were made.  The colours were magical - dark copper, lush golden yellows and soft honeyed whites. Those angry words were heavy and I felt them hit the walls with force.

A quest for something hidden, a map written on thin cloth and of a sorrowful meeting. An opportunity missed, a face that should have been there - a simple story of unrequited love. Love and hate can lay so close, almost touching …'





Hello again! 

I was at a bit of a loss as to what to put on today so I chose this prose piece that was literally written the other day (so it's not as polished as it should be). I really love this piece though and would like to expand on it and maybe turn it into a flash fiction but for the minute here it is in its raw state. Also if any anime fans are reading they might notice that the title is inspired by Howl's Moving Castle (one of my favourites) lol 

Nothing much is happening at the moment, like I said in my last post I have finished my collection 'Alchemy' and I'm waiting for that and other people to get back to me.


It was my 3rd wedding anniversary yesterday and Carl and me took a trip to wonderful York - it's such a lovely city! We went to a shop that sells just cat related things, saw a street performer do a Houdini escapologist trick and visited the amazing York Minster where you could light a prayer candle - we lit one and asked for many more years of being happily married.




Have a wonderful Sunday and start to March, there's still a cold bite in the air but spring is definitely on the horizon.
                                                          




No comments:

Post a Comment