Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Happy Christmas!


"I have always thought of Christmastime, when it has come round...as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.” 

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens






Happy Christmas to all my readers!

I am stealing the words of Charles Dickens today to wish you all a wonderful Christmas. I wanted to write something festive of my own but it was not to be, since my last blog post I haven't written a single word because I've been so unwell! It started with a sore throat that lead to tonsillitis - I've had tonsillitis before so knew what to expect but this was something else!

At first I didn't get antibiotics but I had to go back because I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep. The last week has been a blur of sleep and a counting of hours till I can take my next tablets. I also developed a hacking cough and conjunctivitis, the cherry on the cake was when I burst a blood vessel in my eye from coughing! A lot of swear words have been said this week lol.  Anyway I'm on the mend now, my antibiotics finish tomorrow :) 

I love 'A Christmas Carol' - it's one of my favourite things to watch every year. My favourite quote is one Scrooge says to the ghost of Jacob Marley -

“You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!” 


I hope you all have a lovely festive period whatever you're doing and however you celebrate it :) I'll see you in the New Year with 'New Writing of the Month for January' 








No comments:

Post a Comment