Monday, 15 September 2014

Renaissance



'I am the darkness before my birth, a brown velvet space. Only the echoes of the past slowly turn around me, I am a homeless soul flowing far away from the shore.
A nothingness of wonder and stars… and the landscape is shifting, the voices and stories of those travelling the other way are the last things I hear before the rhythmic beating of my mother’s heart.

I quietly awaken and listen to her conversations. I even breathe and walk in her dreams with her. She feels my presence and I know hers, I touch the soft walls that are her, that are the limits of my world and feel her softly press her fingers back in response.'









'Tis the Ides of September already! lol

Hello again lovely readers, I thought I'd share this new prose poem with you all. This is actually from a longer piece of writing where I wanted to explore and write about before birth, birth and life, death and even beyond, I didn't quite finish it and this was a favourite part of mine so I decided to keep it as a prose poem. 

I love the emotions in this piece and even though I've not had children I can imagine what it is like to experience a life growing inside you and also the feelings a child has towards its mother. I'm sure on some level I must remember my own experiences in the womb, my Mum predicted that she would 'have a girl this time next year and I'm going to call her Jade' - this was in February 1984 and a year later that was exactly what happened. She even spoke to me by name the moment she knew she was pregnant :) As you can guess me and my Mum have a very close bond.

There is nothing to report about my writing at the moment everything is still fairly quiet, but I am desperately looking for some inspiration to get some writing done! I have some ideas mulling and need to get them down onto paper ... or the computer.




Happy Monday :)







No comments:

Post a Comment