Sunday, 10 August 2014

A Change of Name and Some Micro Poetry


Hello everyone, what a change this will be!

From today the URL of this blog will be jadekennedywriter.blogspot.co.uk instead of jadekennedypoet and the name has changed to 'Borrowed Expressions' -  I've had a long think about this and the blog is more than just poetry now. Back when I started the blog in April 2012 all I wrote was poetry, even though I will always be a poet at heart I've now branched out into writing prose, flash fiction and even play writing. (Me and my Mum's play 'Dragonflies in Amber' is now available to read on GoogleDrive, there is a link at the top as well.)

So I've decided to give it a more creative and abstract name :) 





Also the name 'Borrowed Expressions' is from a prose piece I wrote called 'A Collection' 

'She was one for collecting. She collected anything with a face; dolls, teddies, cards with wide smiles, reflections, drawings and sketches. She even had a chest full of memories, of faces from other people's loved ones all sewn onto a cloth of yellow, fraying at the edges.

 ....  I couldn't help being fascinated by her - she was my greatest friend and I loved her
just as she was, with or without those borrowed expressions.'


I hope you all like the new name, it also ties in with my Twitter bio and my writer bio that I give out with submissions - they both have 'A collector of borrowed expressions' 

Also I hope you enjoy the micro poetry - I've been experimenting with a new photo editor program, both the writing and the pictures are mine :D The pics are from my trip to Scarborough - Yorkshire is a gorgeous place!




Have a wonderful Sunday and a stormy one if you live in Yorkshire lol :)





2 comments:

  1. Love the Micropoetry and new blog honey! Play writing also wow! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, it's lovely to see you here from Google+ :D Glad you like the micro poetry and I hope you enjoy reading 'Dragonflies in Amber' xx

      Delete