Tuesday, 1 July 2014

New Writing of the Month for July ~ Darkening the Lips


'Who could have known that silence was the answer for her. She should curl herself up into a tight ball and grow into herself, it would bring a peace that she hadn't grasped before.

Standing within the loneliness and looking over the edge, feeling the air rush up over the sides and letting it engulf her, become a part of her blood … living in a world that screams that the worst thing in life is to be alone and she lives it, thrives in it, touches the face of the other side and keeps it all to herself.

A soul with a fragile skin, sometimes creeping to become her own skin, sometimes just a fleeting darkening of the lips … there are far worse fates then to live amongst dreams and darkness.'



Hello everyone - here's a quirky little prose poem to kick off July! I really like the imagery and meaning behind this prose poem especially the line 'living in a world that screams that the worst thing in life is to be alone'. I have known people in the past that not only couldn't stand to be alone but hated any silence, always having to have background noise as well! It was maddening for me as I like my own company and silence every now and again. Writers are well known for their love of solitude, we aren't really alone with all that goes on in our heads anyway lol 

To be silent; to be alone. All the being and the doing, expansive, glittering, vocal, evaporated; and one shrunk, with a sense of solemnity, to being oneself, a wedge-shaped core of darkness, something invisible to others.”  ~ Virginia Woolf 

Sadly I haven't got any news - it's one of those waiting times, in between hearing back from places/people and I can't really say anything about them at the moment. I haven't written in a long time either because of illness - I swear that I will never try and dye my hair again! I thought I had found a non-allergic hair dye (I found out a few years ago that I'm allergic to normal hair dye) but no, I had a big reaction and I'm still itching now and it's been over three weeks. I will have to accept my fate with dignity and when I go grey make it look cool :P



Happy Tuesday





2 comments: