Thursday, 6 February 2014

(Belated) New Poem of the Month for February - 'Movement'




The spring will finally finds us
laughing and hiding behind that silver birch,
with too many colours for the sky to behold.

She brings on silvered
                               shimmered air,
                                             rubies and ivy within a scent of rain.

My fingers to your lips,
do not say what we both know.

Let's sit awhile and watch the sky
fade away behind the racing amber clouds
                                                   taking today’s whispers with them.





Hi everyone! Please excuse how late this 'New Poem of the Month' is, it should have been posted on the first but the internet has only just been connected in our new home and as anyone who has moved knows - it was totally manic! But one invaluable thing I have learned this past week is how good a cheese knife is at opening boxes! lol Finally after seven years of personal hardship I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am (slightly) cheating since 'Movement' isn't a new poem, but with all the upheaval I haven't written anything in a few weeks - that is all going to change! I set myself a goal this year that I would have a serious think about where I am going and what I want to do with my writing, even investing some money into it :)

I chose 'Movement' because it's a lively, fresh poem that hints at new beginnings, it's the breath before all the hard work starts, it seemed fitting - I hope you enjoy it. In my last post I promised that I would buy something with my first earnings and take a picture. Well I haven't done that yet because of the move but expect a photo in the next post.  

Also Crescent Magazine, who accepted my prose pieces 'India' and 'Deep Sleep and Origami' for their Heritage Issue back in November tell me they will be published on11th February (which is also my birthday :D) I will post links in the next blog post. 


I will get back to the unpacking and cleaning - Happy Thursday!








No comments:

Post a Comment