Sunday, 17 November 2013

Automatic Writing #10



'There was such sadness, I was such sadness, around and within me from another false promise, another halved gold coin. It was unlike a lie, as though it was dressed up like a shadow, flowing freely with gaudy clothes and lacking a true physical form of an explanation. An explanation of why, an explanation pinned on a man of slow morals, from the tongue of a man with fraying emotions, olden views and salted experiences of those he claims to love. He was a lonely child that convinced himself otherwise and now as a man he convinces others that they too are not alone and the loneliness they feel is regret, regret at being left on the outside, on the outside of normality where colourful people care for each other and truly love and cherish themselves. This is not what the world is to him, the world is a crude joke designed to de-humanise a fellow traveller, for if they are not human what rules apply?'


Hi everyone 

I wrote this back in February and just came across it. I have enjoyed posting my automatic writing and wanted to carry it on. This piece seemed to fit in with what I have been mulling about for a while - of what importance is money/success if you have a black soul? 

Recently there has been a lot of talk online and in the papers about wealthy people that seem to live in a world of their own fantasy, they have no compassion or understanding of those without money. Money changes people in very strange ways. I think I am partly looking at all this from the Medieval point of view that this life was really of no importance, all that mattered was the afterlife, your whole lifetime was spent preparing your soul - if only we could all go confess our sins and clean our spirits. Money and success does not obviously automatically make you a good person. 

'For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?' 
Matthew 16:26

Ok enough of the serious stuff :) I hope you enjoy my writing. Another of my flash fiction pieces has been lucky enough to be featured on Morgan Bailey's Flash Fiction Friday's again called Old Norse. Also has anyone seen this; Sophia Stewart the real creator of 'The Matrix' - A female writer finally getting what she deserves after years of being pushed aside (carrying on from the greed thread), what an inspiring story! 



Have a lovely Sunday :)




2 comments:

  1. Jade, another good and brilliant read from you which really does reflect what's been happening with you. I've seen first hand how someone who was very dear to me, change from being a normal person with a good job to becoming someone who now has a lot of money, nice cars, a wonderful home who can provide the best for their family but guess what? Their whole attitude has changed against those who don't match up to their expectation. I once had to tell that person that they need to remember where they came from and they need to jump off that false pedestal real quick.

    I love the scripture you used to, it reminds me of another scripture that explains it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of an needle than a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God. And I'll have to pop over to see your featured piece. Keep it up Jade. I was also wondering if you've come across this site before, you might find it interesting:

    http://www.ukpoetrylibrary.co/

    I was on it the other day because a blogging friend of mine had her work featured/published on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rum

      Thanks for commenting, I had an feeling this topic would intrigue you :) I have watched money bring out the worse in people too unfortunately, it is after all just money and the famous saying is 'you can't take it with you'.

      I have not come across the site you mentioned but I've had a look and it seems interesting. I hope you enjoyed 'Old Norse' :)

      Jade x

      Delete