Thursday, 1 August 2013

It's goodbye for now ...


Here is the last 'New Poem of the Month' for now :) 


Paper Moths 


Daylight moths,
with wings of brown paper

their bodies a mesh of filigree
                        filtering past in curved circles

Whispering in pairs
under the highest of branches

Like the palest of candle flames
with their wings beating, chiming in unison

counting the shadowy minutes



I feel a bit emotional writing this but I think it's the right thing to do. I need to take some time away - to write and create - hopefully it's not going to be forever.

There are a few things that have lead up to this decision - 

Personally things seem to have gone wrong since May (strangely since our cat Fluff died) I won't go into details but it's been a stressful, upsetting time. 

Also I was getting to the point where I think the content of my writing was starting to suffer, and I really didn't want it to turn into a blog of boring posts. I decided I would rather stop posting than have posts that were of no interest to anyone - including me!

And to be honest, I guess one of the main reasons is that since March and the publication of 'Silver Threads' falling apart I have felt that all the effort I have put into my writing and marketing of my book/blog had been a complete waste of time, thanks to a publisher who reneged on his promises again and again. I have to admit I have been feeling very disheartened and disillusioned with the whole publishing community for months.

I want to spend the next few months concentrating on new writing and building up my collections, of course I will post if something happens that is amazingly fantastic :) I still have over a year's worth of blog posts for my readers to sift through and read. Here are some that I personally loved..



Where it all began - This was my second blog post. I wrote about my childhood and where that spark of 'love of writing' first came from

The Lies I told my Mother - This poem was one of the resounding favourites from 'Silver Threads' and my Mum's favourite too.

As White as Ghosts  - I really loved the poem and accompanying video, I don't think it got enough views. 

Eden - During my time away from blogging I'm planning on writing quite a few more flash fictions, I feel that is where my writing is heading from now on. 




Lots of love to my regular readers - thank you so much for being there for me. I hope it's just 'see you later'

You can always follow me on Twitter and if you want to contact me for anything my email is  jadelizzie85@hotmail.com - I'm still a writer looking for opportunities and friends :)




1 comment:

  1. Jade, I've only just seen this post and sad to hear that you're having a stressful and upsetting time and I'm sorry for the loss of your cat Fluff.
    In all honesty, I have enjoyed reading your posts and that's why I returned time and time again. Blogging is fun but very hard work but you've managed to produce so many brilliant posts so don't knock yourself.

    I remember the issue you had with the publisher, and that's enough to knock the sails out of anyone. He treated you very badly but don't allow this experience to stop you from living your dream, he's not worth it.

    Taking a break is a good way to get those batteries charged, to relax and take time out for yourself. I am hoping to see you back here soon Jade and my prayers are with you right now.
    Like you said 'see you later' and take care.

    ReplyDelete