Monday, 20 May 2013

Only loving those that love her ...



She is too loyal to be a simple soul ... 

too loving to be nothing but a meaningless comfort

I wished once that I could only know love and kindness like her. Only loving those that love her ...

She has never been heartless enough to believe words over deeds. 



Hi everyone, those who follow me on Twitter will know why it has been two weeks since my last blog post. Sadly last Monday our cat Fluff had to be put to sleep. It was so fast, one minute she was fine the next she had a bad fit and the vets said her kidneys were damaged (she was an old cat so this wasn't really a surprise) and there was not much more they could do for her. I know those of you who are animal lovers will know how much this hurts, I have passed the stage of shock and floods of tears and now I just have a heavy depressed heart. We are all grieving especially Carl who was there when she was born.

Anyway this writing is my little tribute to her. It is part of some automatic writing I did months ago and I remember I wrote this while fussing Fluff - she always was my little writing companion. I don't think writing will sound the same again without her wheezy snoring lol, I have noticed that a lot of writers have a feline companion ... the writer's muse maybe? :)



She really was the most beloved cat whose idea of heaven was cuddles and treats and she will be greatly missed.



8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Fluff. Animals can bring so much love and pleasure to people and I'm sure she will be sorely missed by you and your family. Fluff must have left you with some wonderful, funny and silly memories, since you had her from a baby, and that in itself it a comfort when you think about her. Loss is always very hard and grief is something that we all sadly go through and it takes time.

    Jade, my prayers are with you and your loved ones right now. Maybe a nice picture of Fluff next to computer might help a little when your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rum, thank you so much for your prayers and love. We collected her ashes today and that was very hard on Carl because he said it made it 'feel real' now. We all have some great memories of her and the ones that make me especially laugh are her phobia of hairdryers and vacuums and the way she ate like a pig :) lol

      There are hundreds of photos of her so I'm sure if ever I'm in need of her I won't have to look far.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about Fluff, Jade. What a sweet kitty! Pets do make wonderful writing companions and muses. We have a very old cat, too, one that my husband watched being born. He's 16, and still going strong, but I know it's going to be very hard saying goodbye to Boris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helena

      Thank you for commenting, she definitely was my writing buddy. I remember you mentioning Boris before on BC and thinking I it was a fantastic name for a cat! lol

      She was a very sweet natured cat and there will never be another like her, I will always have great memories of her :)

      Delete
  3. I too am often blessed with the company of my feline writing companion Harry.

    He insists on sitting immersed in his leopard skin (not real) beanbag on the floor @ the edge of my desk. Some say cats don't care whether we are around or not. I have found that not to be the case.

    So sorry you had to have your feline friend put to sleep.
    Cheers, ic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ian

      Thanks for visiting and commenting. I used to think that all cats were aloof and uncaring before Fluff - she used to meet us at the door a lot of the time, happy to see us returned and tail wagging just like a dog lol

      I'm glad you have your very own 'writing buddy' :)

      Delete
  4. "She has never been heartless enough to love words over deeds." What a marvelous line, Jade. In fact your whole poem is marvelous, coming straight from your heart. We need to learn from animals (and children) what life and love are really all about. I know Fluff will be terribly missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi NP

      Thank you for visiting and for the compliments. I especially love that line too, I think it has a world of meaning. Pets and children truely are full of unconditional love :)

      Delete