Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Poetry News and May Sarton





'When one's not writing poems—and I'm not at the moment—you wonder how you ever did it. It's like another country you can't reach.'As quoted in Women Writers Talking in 1983







Hello everyone, I hope you like the quote from May Sarton that I found - I can really identify with this, sometimes I do wonder how I have journeyed and come back from that creative place where poetry is made. 

I am going through a bit of a tough time with my publisher at the minute about the never ending delay of 'Silver Threads', right now I have no idea if or when it will be printed. I personally want to just leave it all behind now and concentrate on my other collections of poetry, I am looking into self publishing and any advice would be a great help :) I don't think I will ever touch a publisher again and anyone who reads my blog regularly will have noticed that I have said in countless past posts that 'Silver Threads' is just over the horizon! Well whatever happens I feel that I am done, I do love my book but it's time to move on to new writing projects, and that's partly why I have taken some of the promotion of 'Silver Threads' off the blog page. And my advice would be to never go with my publisher - unless you want to feel insignificant for 18 months! (but then maybe they are all the same!?)

So in the spirit of embracing the new I thought I would share some lines of poetry from my new collection 'Sun Square Neptune' ~


'Black and white flints stared back
flickering in and out of life,
reached out to me and spoke
in the resonant crackle of broken records.' From 'Static'


'I will fade to an outline,
of rich ideas and white sparks
and fall through
the outstretched fingers
of the nearest true believer.' From 'Faith'


I'm really excited about finally getting going on a new project :) Happy Tuesday 


2 comments:

  1. I imagine it's very frustrating to deal with getting a book published! I really enjoyed both of the passages you've included here today, especially the second one. You are a gifted poet, Jade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helena

      Yeah it is extremely frustrating, I don't know how other people have loads of their books published - I'm sure the money helps lol I'm sure I won't see any profit from 'Silver Threads' though :(

      Thank you for the compliments, I agree with you I think the second one is more my favourite too!

      Delete