Friday, 18 January 2013

Poetry News and M. E. W Sherwood

http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/image/199882/snow_queen_ii


'A queen driven from her throne, naked, in winter snows, like Elizabeth of Hungary, suffers more than she who wanders from a snow-beleaguered hut every day; the woman who has had the most suffers the most.'






This is a very apt quote as it's freezing in Yorkshire today and will be for another week or so! Lots of snow and ice and temperatures in the minus numbers - I won't be going too far from the fire today that's for sure.

The minute I saw this quote I had to use it, not only is it perfect for a day like today but its hint of history made it impossible to resist. I'm sure Mr. Sherwood was referring to 'Elizabeth of Bohemia' - the daughter of James I. She married the elector palatine of Bohemia but her and her husband were exiled shortly after they took the throne and she is known as 'The Winter Queen'. 

'Silver Threads' was in the kindle top 100 selling poetry ebooks again :) That always makes me happy. I was asked if I was the author of 'Silver Threads' - That made my week! Always a fantastic moment for a writer to say 'Yes, yes I am the author'. Also some of my dark poetry has at last found a home in 'Twisted Dreams Magazine'. Carl also submitted some of his poetry for the first time ever and was accepted as well! That was a real ego boost for us both. It's not available until the 1st February, so I'll post a link when it's out.

Have a fantastic Friday :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the success of your e-book, Jade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hope 'Silver Threads' continues to go from strength to strength x

      Delete