Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New Poem of the Month for January - Mosaic



We are a mosaic of moments,
colourful marble flecks of feeling
and I watch you through glass,
seeing you run and twist
your way through the rivers of rain.

Captured in a droplet
you move into being,
small, far away, distorted by hunger.
Your voice becomes thin,
lacking its confident, red-blooded
unruliness.

Just promise me you will never
grow bold paper wings
and fly from my heart forever.



A new year, a new month and a new poem! Happy New Year to all my readers, I hope you all have a fantastic 2013 that's full of possibilities.  I had a wonderful Christmas too and got some brilliant presents.

The 'December Giveaway of Silver Threads' has now ended and it was worth a try :) I have had word from my publisher that the physical copy of 'Silver Threads' is just over the horizon (fingers crossed). When that happens I will be hosting a giveaway on Goodreads, so watch out for that.

I hope you all like 'Mosaic' - it is very new and was only written a few days ago. It was also one of those poems that doesn't have a name until the last moment. There is nothing much else to say, I have been having a festive break, along with the rest of the world, and now I am raring to go and wanting to see what 2013 has in store for me :)




No comments:

Post a Comment