Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Poetry News and Angela Carter

'Midnight, and the clock strikes. It is Christmas Day, the werewolves' birthday, the door of the solstice still wide enough open to let them all slink through.'
                                                                                                                                               By Angela Carter from 'The Company of Wolves'






Well it's nearly here! A week today is Christmas Day! If I was 20 years younger I would be beside myself with ecstatic joy! (I was probably a right pain at Christmas when I was a kid lol) I still have that belief that it's a magical time of year but getting older calms it all down,  at least I haven't lost my love of Christmas just yet.

I couldn't resist this quote. It's Christmasy, macabre and fairytale-like all rolled into one, love it :)

To be honest there isn't that much in the way of news to report. I am still getting compliments and chatting with the other writers about Scratch @ Fruit. I am still smiling about my review and generally winding down, looking forward to Christmas with my family and hopefully a great 2013. I wanted to share some links though, to things I have been reading recently. The first thing I wanted to share was this insightful blog post by Judi Sutherland asking What's Wrong with Poetry? - some great views into what people really think about poetry and poets.

Also a really shocking article in The Guardian as to how women are viewed in Theatre: Women in Theatre; why do so few make it to the top?

Just to remind you all that the 'December Giveaway' is still on going, please if you have any poetry, maybe hidden away gathering dust - send it in! Give it an airing! It could be featured on here and you get a free PDF of 'Silver Threads' for the New Year :) 

The next post will be on Christmas Eve to wish you all Festive Blessings. Have a fantastic week :)

2 comments:

  1. You've got lots of things to be smiling about this Christmas. And I hope that 2013 brings you more exposure, more pleasure and lot's more writing for us all to read. Have a good one Jade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rum

      I have got lots to be smiling about and I'm really grateful for each one :) Thank you for your good wishes for 2013, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year as well x

      Delete