Monday, 5 November 2012

Poetry News and Virginia Woolf





Yet it is in our idleness,

                    in our dreams,

that the submerged truth

sometimes comes to the top.




Hello everyone! :) I hope you enjoy the beautiful quote by Virginia Woolf (I love her writing) As I type this I am being deafened by a cacophony of fireworks! - they are beautiful though and there is something special about bright colours against a dark November night sky.
Maybe some of my readers from outside the UK won't know but tonight is Bonfire Night, as I used to sing as a kid 'Remember, remember the 5th of November - gunpowder, treason and plot' I didn't realise then that it was a 400 year old celebration of a foiled plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament and a man being burnt at the stake! It was just a really fun night, full of food and fireworks around a massive bonfire. 

In other news 'Silver Threads' has received another 5 star review on Goodreads from the lovely Emma Ramos who interviewed me on her blog some months ago. I thought I would share her full review on here; 

'This is a beautiful, completely unpretentious poetry collection by an up-and-coming British poet. If you're looking for a small book of poems that will make you both nostalgic and cheerful, Jade Kennedy's Silver Threads will deliver as promised.'


Thank you so much Emma for the lovely review, I'm so glad you enjoyed my poetry :) 

I am also working on quite a few other projects at the moment, but I'm going to keep them quiet for the time being and hope that they grow into something amazing! Watch this space...

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment