Monday, 26 November 2012

Poetry News and Jacob Nordby


'Blessed are the weird people ~ 

poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters, troubadours

~ for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.'




Hi everyone! Even though this is 'Poetry News' there isn't much news to report at the time besides the continued writing of 'Dragonflies in Amber'. The bones of the whole play is more or less written and now it needs a bit of rearranging, polishing and fattening out. I am quite proud of myself that I have 15 pages already and over 5000 words (not bad for me! lol) but it is still far from finished. I am so excited about Scratch @ Fruit on the 11th of December. I get really excited and then that fades to paranoia and total fear! I have been out today looking for something nice to wear on the night since I never have been the most stylish of people - my favourite quote as a child when arguing over getting washed or brushing my hair was 'Why does it matter, I'm not meeting the Queen?!' I don't think that stubborn little girl has ever really left!

Today has been a great day for another reason. Carl started work today as assistant manager - this is his second promotion this year. He is such a hard worker that obviously has the luck of the Irish! (and he is Irish too, according to his family tree)

I hope you all have a great week :) Next blog post 'New Poem for the Month for December' - I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment