Tuesday, 20 November 2012

'Dragonflies in Amber' at Scratch @ Fruit


Very exciting news! I entered the first part of the play I am currently writing into a competition. We could enter an excerpt of a play of up to 10 mins - it didn't have to be finished or polished. If they really liked your play it would be read out before a live audience.

Well 'Dragonflies in Amber' (the play I mentioned in the last post) got picked!! It's going to be read out to a live audience, along with loads of others - including my Mum who also entered the play she is currently writing and got chosen too! The congratulations email I received had a personal note saying 'I really like the piece - a really original piece of work'

This is all taking place at Scratch @ Fruit on 11th of December - I now have to find two actresses to play the two main characters in my play, sounds stressful! lol. I don't know if many of my readers are around Hull in East Yorkshire, but I would be happy to see any of you there.

I'm thinking maybe I should change the name of my blog to 'Writing Musings by Jade Kennedy' because my writing career (with a lot of help, support and love from my Mum and the lovely Morgan Sproxton and Tom Wells) is talking me in a lot of different directions that I hadn't even imagined. I'll let you all know more about the story of the play later and also update you all after the big night :)



'I fear I have come here looking for answers that cannot be known to me.' 
From Dragonflies in Amber

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's brilliant news Jade, it seems this runs in your family too, so give your mother my congrats.
    You wanted 2 actresses to play the main characters, I've got the answer:

    1. Jade Kennedy
    2. Jade's Mother

    How could you not see it Jade? You will know the characters inside/out and will be able to portray what you want others to see and know.

    Congratulations to your both again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rum

      Thank you for the congratulations - I have passed them on to my Mum as well. I don't think I'm the right person for the acting! lol (though I did get an acting award when I was 9 for playing the Pope! - Long story lol)

      I think I'll leave it to the professionals :) - Thankfully we are friends with Morgan from the local theatre and she will get us some actors/actresses that know what they are doing! lol

      Delete