Friday, 16 November 2012

A Play in Progress



'Her mother had a piece of amethyst in the shape of a small shoe and to her as a child and all throughout her life this was Cinderella’s slipper.

It was so small that it could have been a baby shoe but the imagination is never bound by fact, never restrained when fantasy can take you to untold heights.' 


This is an excerpt from a play I am currently writing - I won't give the title just yet as I am scared I'll jinx it! lol I said in an earlier post that I am part of a female writer's group at the minute - I wanted to expand my writing experience and meet like-minded people, and this is where I met Tom Wells. I have shown him the first draft of this play and he would like to meet up and talk more about the next step and of developing it! I was totally thrilled that he loved my writing, and very excited (I still am!).

The play is a collaboration between Mum and me - she came up with the concept of the play and will also be really involved in the artistic side - sadly I didn't inherit her wonderful artistic talents! The writing is all mine though and hopefully I will explain a bit more in the future, but for now I'm keeping it secret.  

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment