Sunday, 23 September 2012

Poetry News and Pablo Neruda

I grew up in this town, 
my poetry was born between the hill and the river, 
it took its voice from the rain, and like the timber,
             it steeped itself in the forests. 
                                                                  Pablo Neruda











I finally have some news! Just in case you are holding your breath ~ no it's not about the paperback version of 'Silver Threads' but about my amazing little ebook that has been accepted for review three times in 2 days! I called this Bus Logic on Twitter! lol Nothing for ages and ages and then three come along at once. The first two are from a list of book bloggers who review poetry, sent to me by the lovely Emma Ramos (who has interviewed me on her blog before). One is from Ohio in the US and the other is from Delhi in India - I'm getting all over the world. :) The third reviewer is based in the UK and actually in my own neck of the woods, beautiful Yorkshire and was recommended to me by a friend. I won't say too much about the blogs/websites as yet, I'll let you all know when the reviews are live and share the links when I hear back from them. I don't know any time-frame yet, since the book bloggers are a busy lot and all have a 'to-be-read list' as long as their arm. 

I decided that I wanted to include the amazing Pablo Neruda along with my poetry news today since he is my favourite poet! I wish I could write like him, I think he was a word-genius. So I went googling him and discovered that he died 39 years ago today! I think it was a sign to finally have his beautiful quotes/poetry on my blog, so there he is. I really love this quote and it's so humbling to think of poetry as born from nature and beauty.

Hope you are all having a fab weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment