Thursday, 16 August 2012

Poetry News and Sappho



Although they are 

only breath, words 


which I command


                          are immortal













This is a beautiful poem by Sappho that I discovered on Poem Hunter it is entitled 'Although They Are' but since this is the first line of the poem I think it might not have a 'proper' title since a lot of Sappho's poems are fragmented. It is so beautiful and a heartwarming thought that my words are immortal, as Sappho now is :)

In other news 'Silver Threads' is going to be reviewed again soon by a lovely Aussie book blogger. I don't know when since she told me she has a huge 'to-be-read' pile, and I can well believe it since all book bloggers at the moment are being inundated, but I will let you all know when it's on her blog. 
Also I have a guest post slot on another Aussie blog, titled 'Poetry and Me', again I don't know when exactly this will be, but I'll keep you all informed. 

I have been writing a lot of automatic writing and trying to stick to the goal I set myself to write some everyday ( I have missed some days already, so I'm not doing well! lol ) There will be another post soon with more excerpts, I hope my readers are enjoying them. Here is an excerpt from some automatic writing I wrote just yesterday;



'I asked her once what she owned? I own nothing of material, food or wealth but I share the sky with you today and I will share the rain with you tomorrow, she asked if this was enough for me…'



I don't know where it comes from, but I like it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment