Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Automatic Writing #3


In this rain there would be ice crystals, held fast to the heart of the storm and they would open into paper snowflakes as large as your palm when they felt the kiss of the ground and cover everything with a paper softness and carpet the world in unfurled lace. And she would see them and know what she was called, her name meaning ‘she who walks the world alone’ having her name split before her onto the crystalised grass. She picked it up in pieces and set it out again, spelling it out in a thousand different ways with a million different dialects and still when spoken it rolled off the tongue in a sound like footprints in the snow, slow and crisp, holding something back, holding back the very essence of a snowflake.

I asked her once what she owned? 'I own nothing of material, food or wealth but I share the sky with you today and I will share the rain with you tomorrow.'  She asked if this was enough for me…
I could not answer such an innocent question, my lips tightened around the words as they formed from my own sense of longing. I was too tired and felt so wizened to respond with anything other than what had been said to me before, about the constructs of reality and what is or isn’t real. She showed me something that wasn’t real and I couldn’t look at it, my mind kept turning my head away from this beautiful pale blue pearl of a being, but I couldn’t and she shrouded it in murky 'what ifs' and I could see again.



These automatic writings of mine are far too interesting for me to keep to myself! lol 
Expect to see these as a regular feature from now on :)

This is an excerpt from a writing session the other day, sitting with the heat of the August sun burning my legs! lol It reads like a fairy tale and I thinks it's magical. I think this is heavily influenced by 'The Snow Child' by Eowyn Ivey, which I have recently read and if anyone is interested I would highly recommend it, it's a beautiful story. My favourite lines from this piece of automatic writing are;

I asked her once what she owned? 'I own nothing of material, food or wealth but I share the sky with you today and I will share the rain with you tomorrow.' She asked if this was enough for me…

I put these as an excerpt from my automatic writings on an earlier post, but they are still my  favourite lines, there is such childlike innocence held in them I think.

In other news I am extremely excited! I think I have invented a new genre of poetry! (remember I have the copyright and you heard it here first :) ..... Steampunk Poetry - I have an awful feeling that someone is now going to send me an email, stating when and where they first came up with the idea! I am so fascinated by this idea and have already written two 'steampunk' poems, with more ideas brewing. I will be featuring one of the poems for my 'New Poem of the Month for September' on the 1st, so please come back and check that out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment