Thursday, 24 May 2012

Daisy Chains on a Summer's Day




Daisy Chains


And we listened to the trees,
as they sang of voyeuristic summer nights.

Your hand held in mine,
holding you close

I told you to wear a dark charm

for you are far too precious to lose to a stray north wind.

A solar flare caught our eye,

and for one moment as the sky blossomed

I fell, transfixed by love.


The grass is vibrant beneath my feet ,
so please don't be fooled,
by promises that glitter in the hazy sunlight.
Our shadows are getting restless,
jittery and wistful.
I will leave with your savoured kisses still fresh.



It's a glorious summer's day here in Yorkshire. I have been sunning myself outside and my cat has  been slowly baking on the windowsill. All this sunshine has put me in a positive mood and I wanted to share with my readers a gorgeous summer poem. This is my poem 'Daisy Chains' written in about 2010, I think. I started this poem with an 'And' - I remember I got a lot of people asking me why I had done this on allpoetry. Some people hated it, some people thought that it was a great way to start a poem. I was experimenting with different styles at the time (I still do) and wanted this to be an informal introduction to a poem, maybe feeling like you are suddenly being swept up in a moment or catching a stray emotional conversation. I hope you enjoy it.

Silver Threads, my upcoming ebook now has a publication date! It's going to be for sale on Amazon in kindle form on the 31st of May. I'm so excited! I think I'm going that have a celebration drink when its out and probably sit for a few hours staring at it on Amazon, grinning like a moron.

Also my lovely friend and fellow poet/novelist Natascha Scrivener has written a feature on her blog about my poem 'Orlando' (which will be included in 'Silver Threads') You can read it here ~ http://nataschascrivenerauthor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/featured-author-jade-kennedy.html

She is a beautiful and inspirational writer, watch out for a feature of her poetry on my blog in the not too distant future. 




No comments:

Post a Comment